Since introducing the Baby Steps program in 2009, it has become one of our fastest growing and most popular services. As parents, not only do we love babies, we understand how quickly they grow, so we created the Baby Steps plan to capture the milestones of that first year.
The 2013 Baby Steps basic portrait plan is only $525 and includes* a newborn artistry session, 4 month session, 8 month session and a 1 year session. Each portrait session comes with 5 fully edited + retouched digital files and a 11 x 14 (or 10 x 10)-inch print, so you’ll have a nice wall collection and cache of digital files by the time your plan is complete.
*Maternity portraits may be added for an additional $100 – OR – swapped out in exchange for one of he 4 or 8 month sessions at no extra charge.
4 Portrait Sessions:
- 4 Months Old
- 8 Months Old
- 1 Year Old
Included Prints and Files:
- 5 Fully Edited and Retouched Digital Files per Portrait Session (20 total)
- 11 x 14″ Print per Portrait Session
- $735 | Baby Steps w/ print upgrade to 16 x 20 prints
- $1,050 | Baby Steps + 100 High Resolution JPEGs of your choice pooled from all sessions (e.g. 20 digital images from each session)
- $2,100 | Baby Steps, 16 x 20 print upgrade + a library set of mini-flushmount albums; one from each baby session.
- $1,575 | Baby Steps + ALL images as High Resolution JPEGs
- Contact us for custom pricing if you’d like to create your own product package.
- We are based out of Norfolk, Virginia but are ready and available for travel. Travel to South Hampton Roads cities are free and you are always welcome in our Norfolk studio. If you are unable to come to the studio or a location in the South Hampton Roads area, please contact us. If your location is across the HRBT (Hampton, Newport News, Yorktown), the Peninsula or outside of the Hampton Roads/Tidewater area, please contact us for travel options!
If all you want is one session, we highly recommend the Newborn Artistry session for $275 and that includes 5 digital files and an 11×14 print. Whenever possible, our newborn sessions are done at your residence for comfort and convenience. We will bring all of our equipment plus blankets, baskets and props and your baby’s session is the ONLY thing on the schedule that day. Being parents ourselves, we all have first-hand knowledge of the chaos and fatigue of having a newborn, so we allow plenty of time for feeding, soothing and changing. We want to create the best environment for getting those perfect shots of your little angel. If a home session is not possible, we also have a cozy studio in downtown Norfolk
YES, definitely. What we do is basically just spread 4 sessions out over a period of a year or two. One of our babies started at 4 months, so we did 7 months, 18 months then a family session for the last one. We’ll talk and figure out what works best for your family.
I have photographed newborns as early as 6 days to as late as 3 weeks, but I prefer to keep it within the first 15 days if possible. The best newborn shots are done when they are sleeping, and the fresher newborns tend to stay asleep longer as long as they are warm and/or wrapped up. Plus I don’t want them to outgrow all my baskets, so the earlier the better.
We do have a stockpile of blankets and baskets, but we highly encourage you to contribute your own blankets or props. When I come for your newborn session, I will use as much as I can of your own furniture, blankets, rugs or anything I think might make a cool prop or background. The goal is to make each session unique to your family as much as possible.
Please, please don’t worry about this. It’s definitely part of the job and we don’t mind at all. Our blankets, photographers and assistants have all been “blessed” (i.e. pooped on, peed on and/or covered with vomit) at some point and we just put the soiled item aside in a bag, wash our hands, and move on w/ the shoot. The babies are just being babies For newborn shoots especially, we allow as much time as you need to feed, change, and soothe your baby. We want them to be comfortable and happy. P.S. A portable space heater helps IMMENSELY in the comfort department!
Unfortunately, the maternity session is complimentary, so it can’t be traded in for any product credits or other sessions. We highly recommend keeping the maternity session as it’s a great way to get to know the photographer before your baby is born. We love baby bumps and think it’s very important to capture the pregnancy as well!
Our full DCPG product line is available to all Baby Steps clients. We have books/albums, canvas wraps, photo boxes, and we can custom price multi-photo products like collages. We also have an amazing vendor, JenLove Jewelry, who makes very high quality, personalized charm bracelets featuring your baby’s photo.
Ready to roll? Prepay for your Baby Steps (Newborn only – email me for older baby plans!) plan here: